1. Rapid Transcriptions is a trading name of Alanna Ivin and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), registration number ZA030070.
2. Rapid Transcriptions is committed to protecting and respecting customer privacy fulfilling the requirements of the GDPR regulations.
4. If you have any questions about the way we handle your personal data please contact: Alanna Ivin, Proprietor, Rapid Transcriptions at email@example.com
Data transfer security
1. File transfer – Rapid Transcriptions uses a business level GDPR compliant encrypted file transfer service – Data Send – to receive and return customer files. All Rapid Transcriptions files are stored on UK based servers.
2. Encryption – data is encrypted during transit via Secure Socket Layer (SSL)/Transport Layer Security (TLS) and also while stored pending download using the AES encryption standard. Data Send UK and its partners operate under strict ISO27001 certified information security procedures.
IT Security, data storage and deletion
1. Rapid Transcriptions complies with Data Protection Act Information Security principle 7 which sets standards for IT security. If you would like a copy of our Information Security Policy please contact us.
2. Rapid Transcriptions retains customer source material and transcripts only for the period it is being worked on. The legal basis for this is to provide a contracted service to you. Customer data files are deleted once cleared payment has been received, or sooner by agreement with the customer. Accounts records for HMRC will be stored for up to 7 years. Emails will be deleted according to our IT deletion policy. Our opt in mailing list will be retained unless customers request deletion of their data.
3. Limit of liability. The transmission of information via the internet is unfortunately not completely secure – any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your files, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Privacy of personal data
2. If you contact us by email, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may ask if you wish to be included in our mailing list to receive marketing updates on our service – you may opt out and request deletion of this data in the future by contacting us, we will respond to your request in a timely manner.
3. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
5. Rapid Transcriptions never outsources to overseas transcription companies. All work is carried out by UK-based transcribers.
1. Most of the personal data we obtain is only held for the duration of a contractual purpose, and thereafter securely deleted. However, you may have consented to us sending you marketing/update emails. Under the GDPR, you have the right to ask us to remove your personal data – we will always respond to such requests in a timely manner.
2. If you have any other questions about our site please contact Alanna Ivin, Proprietor, Rapid Transcriptions at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. If you are unhappy with the way we handle your personal data you may also lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.